I was invited by the awesome Asus team to the first ever #ZenFestival in India. The event, held at the Jawahar Lal Nehru Stadium, was an explosion of colors, crazy lights, dance, music and an insanely enthusiastic crowd of ZenFans from all over Delhi!
Being this extremely shy introvert that I am, I had to force myself to accept the invitation and go attend the event (I used to politely decline all invitations to any blogger event sent my way. Yes, I'm that shy). I am so glad I did! I even sort of put together a business card design and had twenty or so cards printed, just in case. I didn't use them though. That would have involved actually 'talking' to people. One step at a time.
The highlight of the event was the launch of three new Zenfone devices:
The Zenfone 2 Deluxe
... powerful specs with a gorgeous faceted body.
I absolutely love how they've further reduced the bezels and put the screen to body ratio at 72%. Better than the iPhone6.
- 5.5" Full IPS Display, 1920 x 1080 resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 2.3GHz quad-core 64-bit Intel Atom Z3580 processor
- 4GB RAM, 64GB/128GB internal storage
- Supports microSD card up to 128GB as well (as if you'll need it!)
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.0, 5-element, autofocus and dual-tone flash
- 5MP front camera, wide-angle 85-degree lens with Selfie Panorama
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- NFC, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS
- 3,000mAh Battery
This is my favorite device out of all those launched at the ZenFestival yesterday. I couldn't believe it beat the iPhone6 and the OnePlus Two (and obviously my cherished OnePlus One *sob*) on so many levels. Only thing making me squint my nose at it is the battery backup. 3000mAh. Not bad, yes. But not that good either, considering the plethora of power hungry features and specs *cough* superpowers *cough* the Deluxe has. Priced at INR 22,999 though, it's definitely worth the money.
The Zenfone 2 Laser
... with laser auto focus instead of the regular contrast based auto focus that we have in our devices. This tech. I love.
This device comes with native LTE support and comes in three variants, one powered by Snapdragon 410 while the other two being powered by Snapdragon 615. The ZenFone 2 Laser 5.5 is priced at INR 9,999, with the 3 GB RAM variant being priced at INR 13,999.
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5 (ZE550KL) owns following specs
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display, Corning gorilla glass 4 protection
- Snapdragon 410 processor, Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with Zen UI 2.0
- 13MP rear camera, Real Tone flash, Laser Auto Focus, Pixel master
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide-angle lens
- 3000mAh battery
- Colors: Pure Black, Ceramic White, Glamour Red
The Zenfone Selfie
... demonstrated by 'selfie-queen' Sonakshi Sinha (she's taller in-person than she seems on screen!).
Again this has Laser auto focus and 13MP front and rear cameras, both with real tone flash. I rarely use the flash on my phone and I'm no selfie-queen either, but I really love the Laser auto focus technology. The focusing speed is really fast and the pictures clearer and crispier. The Zen team let people from the audience come up and compare their phone cams with the Zenfone Selfie's on stage. This is priced at INR 15,999.
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) display with 72% screen to body ratio, Corning gorilla glass 4 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 615 processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB/3GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB/32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 64 GB with microSD
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with Zen UI 2.0
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, Real Tone flash, Laser Auto Focus, Pixel master
- 13MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, Real Tone flash, 88-degree wide-angle lens
- Dimensions: 156.5 x 77.2 x 10.8 ~ 3.9 mm; Weight: 170g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3000 mAh battery
- Colors: Pure White, Aqua Blue, Chick Pink, Glacier Gray, Sheer Gold, Glamour Red
To be released later in October, the audience also got a sneak peek at the Zenfone Max. With a battery capacity of 5000mAh, this powerhouse can also be used as a power bank to charge other usb powered devices.
So, which one do you like? Are you inclined to buy one anytime soon? Tell me what you think in the comments down below! Or shoot me an email at email@example.com
*Just FYI, this is not a sponsored post.